Scientist, Author (15-Oct-1880 2-Oct-1958)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Muriel Box. The Trial of Marie Stopes. London: Femina Books. 1967. 392pp. Libel trial brought by Stopes, which she lost.
Keith Briant. Passionate Paradox: The Life of Marie Stopes. New York: W. W. Norton & Company. 1962. 286pp.
Peter Eaton; Marilyn Warnick. Marie Stopes: A Preliminary Checklist of Her Writings together with Some Biographical Notes. London: Croom Helm. 1977. 59pp.
Ruth E. Hall. Marie Stopes: A Biography. Deutsch. 1977. 351pp. US title, Passionate Crusader.
Aylmer Maude. Authorized Life of Marie C. Stopes. London: Williams & Norgate. 1924. 226pp.
Aylmer Maude. Marie Stopes: Her Work and Play. New York: Putnam. 1933. 299pp.
June Rose. Marie Stopes and the Sexual Revolution. London: Faber and Faber. 1993. 288pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.731)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.676)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1405)
- Obituaries from the Times 1951-1960 (pp.674-75)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.448)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.468)
- Who's Who in Modern History, 1860-1980 (p.300)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.1034)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.459)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.491)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications