Philosopher, Psychologist (11-Jan-1842 26-Aug-1910)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Gay Allen. William James: A Biography. Rupert Hart-Davis. 1967.
Clive Bush. Halfway to Revolution: Investigation and Crisis in the Work of Henry Adams, William James and Gertrude Stein. Yale University Press. 1991. 509pp.
George Cotkin. William James: Public Philosopher. University of Illinois Press. 1994. 218pp.
Jill M. Kress. The Figure of Consciousness: William James, Henry James, and Edith Wharton. Routledge. 2002. 268pp.
Paul F. Sands. The Justification of Religious Faith in Søren Kierkegaard, John Henry Newman, and William James. Gorgias Press. 2003. 312pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.604)
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.361)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.343)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.773)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.542)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.376)
- American Authors 1600-1900 (pp.413-14)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.520)
- Public Intellectuals: A Study in Decline (p.199)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.369)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.303a)
- One Hundred Twentieth-Century Philosophers (pp.95-97)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.257)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.487)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.277)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.96)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.240)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications