|Alfred E. Smith|
Government (30-Dec-1873 4-Oct-1944)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Norman Hapgood; Henry Moskowitz. Up From the City Streets: Alfred E. Smith: A Biography Study in Contemporary Politics. New York: Harcourt, Brace and Company. 1928.
Matthew Josephson; Hannah Josephson. Al Smith, Hero of the Cities: A Political Portrait Drawing on the Papers of Frances Perkins. Boston, MA: Houghton Mifflin Co.. 1969. 505pp.
Robert A. Slayton. Empire Statesman: The Rise and Redemption of Al Smith. Old Tappan, NJ: Free Press. 2001. 480pp.
Alfred E. Smith. Up to Now: An Autobiography. New York: Viking Press. 1929. 434pp.
Emily Smith Warner; Hawthorne Daniel. Happy Warrior: A Biography of My Father Alfred E. Smith. Garden City, NY: Doubleday. 1956. 320pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.1032)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.655)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.958)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.697)
- Who's Who in Modern History, 1860-1980 (p.293)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.185)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications