Poet (c. 310 BC c. 250 BC)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Kathryn J. Gutzwiller. Theocritus' Pastoral Analogies: The Formation of a Genre. University of Wisconsin Press. 1991. 304pp.
Richard Hunter. Theocritus and the Archaeology of Greek Poetry. Cambridge University Press. 1996. 207pp.
Mark Payne. Theocritus and the Invention of Fiction. Cambridge University Press. 2007. 192pp.
Thomas G. Rosenmeyer. The Green Cabinet: Theocritus and European Pastoral Poetry. Bristol Classical Press. 2004. 364pp.
Laura Rossi. The Epigrams Ascribed to Theocritus: A Method of Approach. Peeters. 2001. 417pp.
Steven F. Walker. Theocritus. Twayne. 1980. 167pp.
Clayton Zimmerman. The Pastoral Narcissus: A Study of the First Idyll of Theocritus. Rowman & Littlefield. 1994. 111pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1446)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.235)
- Greek and Latin Authors 800BC-1000AD (pp.428-29)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.1017)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.480)
- Who's Who in the Greek World (p.237)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.43)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications