Poet, Playwright (12-Sep-1907 3-Sep-1963)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Terence Brown; Alec Reid (editors). Time Was Away: The World of Louis MacNeice. Dublin, Ireland: Dolman Press. 1974. 151pp.
Terence Brown. Louis MacNeice: Sceptical Vision. Dublin: Gill & Macmillan. 1975. 216pp.
Elton Edward Smith. Louis MacNeice. Twayne. 1970. 232pp.
Jon Stallworthy. Louis MacNeice. London: Faber & Faber Limited. 1995. 572pp.
Derek Stanford. Stephen Spender, Louis MacNeice, Cecil Day Lewis: A Critical Essay. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans Publishing. 1969. 48pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.472)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.152)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.320)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.888)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.631)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.445)
- Obituaries from the Times 1961-1970 (p.516)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.140)
- Who's Who in Twentieth-Century World Poetry (p.201)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.340)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications