Religion (c. 1490 16-Oct-1555)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Allan Griffith Chester. Hugh Latimer: Apostle to the English. University of Pennsylvania Press. 1954. 261pp.
Harold S. Darby. Hugh Latimer. Epworth Press. 1953. 262pp.
Robert Demaus. Hugh Latimer: A Biography. London: Religious Tract Society. 1904. 558pp.
George L. Duyckinck. The Life of Hugh Latimer. New York: General Protestant Episcopal Sunday School Union and Church Book Society. 1861. 204pp.
William Gilpin. The Lives of Hugh Latimer, Bishop of Worcester: And of Bernard Gilpin. London: R. Blamire. 1780. 368pp.
Charles Montgomery Gray. Hugh Latimer and the Sixteenth Century: An Essay in Interpretation. Harvard University Press. 1950. 62pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.863)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.231)
- British Authors Before 1800 (p.311)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.582)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.290)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.172)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.303)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.104)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications