Physicist (2-Jul-1862 12-Mar-1942)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
G. M. Caroe. William Henry Bragg, 1862-1942: Man and Scientist. Cambridge University Press. 1978. 224pp.
Graeme K. Hunter. Light is a Messenger: The Life and Science of William Lawrence Bragg. Oxford University Press. 2004. 301pp.
John Jenkin. William and Lawrence Bragg, Father and Son: The Most Extraordinary Collaboration in Science. Oxford University Press. 2007. 458pp.
Henry Lowood. William Henry Bragg and William Lawrence Bragg: A Bibliography of Their Non-technical Writings. Office for History of Science and Technology, University of California. 1978. 109pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.94)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.92)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.197)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.349)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.68)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientific Biography (p.92)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.69)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.70)
- A Dictionary of 20th Century World Biography (Oxford) (p.81)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.136)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications