|William M. Evarts|
Politician (6-Feb-1818 28-Feb-1901)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Chester L. Barrows. William M. Evarts: Lawyer, Diplomat, Statesman. University of North Carolina Press. 1941. 587pp.
Brainerd Dyer. The Public Career of William M. Evarts. New York: Da Capo Press. 1969.
Sherman Evarts (editor). Arguments and Speeches of William Maxwell Evarts. New York: Macmillan. 1919. (3 vols.) 722pp. + 647pp. + 461pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Congressional Biography [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.492)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.325)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.225)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.278)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications