Playwright, Actor (5-Nov-1943 27-Jul-2017)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Doris Auerbach. Sam Shepard, Arthur Kopit, and the Off Broadway Theater. Twayne Publishers. 1982. 145pp.
Carol Benet. Sam Shepard on the German Stage: Critics, Politics, Myths. Peter Lang. 1993.
Johan Callens (editor). Sam Shepard: Between the Margins and the Centre. Routledge. 1998. (2 vols.) 112pp. + 90pp.
Laura J. Graham. Sam Shepard: Theme, Image and the Director. Peter Lang. 1995. 332pp.
Ann C. Hall. A Kind of Alaska: Women in the Plays of O'Neill, Pinter, and Shepard. Southern Illinois University Press. 1993. 146pp.
Lynda Hart. Sam Shepard's Metaphorical Stages. Greenwood Publishing Group. 1987. 166pp.
Bonnie Marranca (editor). American Dreams: The Imagination of Sam Shepard. New York: Performing Arts Journal Publications. 1981.
Jim McGhee. True Lies: The Architecture of the Fantastic in the Plays of Sam Shepard. Peter Lang Publishing. 1993. 224pp.
Ron Mottram. Inner Landscapes: The Theater of Sam Shepard. Columbia, MO: University of Missouri Press. 1984. 172pp.
Matthew Roudané (editor). The Cambridge Companion to Sam Shepard. Cambridge, England: Cambridge University Press. 2002. 352pp.
Michael Taav. A Body Across the Map: The Father-Son Plays of Sam Shepard. Peter Lang Publishing. 2000. 121pp.
Leslie A. Wade. Sam Shepard and the American Theatre. Greenwood Publishing Group. 1997.
Leonard Wilcox (editor). Rereading Shepard: Contemporary Critical Essays on the Plays of Sam Shepard. New York: St. Martin's Press. 1993. 256pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- New York Times Obituary [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.699)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.644)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1340)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.519)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.219)
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.1283)
- Cassell Companion to Cinema (p.509)
- World Authors 1970-1975 (pp.743-48)
- Quinlan's Illustrated Registry of Film Stars (p.415)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.686)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.495)
- Contemporary North American Directors (p.425)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.457)
- Celebrity Register 5th Issue (p.499)
- The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (p.803)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.940)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.664)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.452)
- Britannica Almanac 2006 (p.106)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.4, p.382)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.13)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications