Author (9-Oct-1863 9-Jan-1930)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Edward Bok. The Americanization of Edward Bok: The Autobiography of a Dutch Boy Fifty Years After. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons. 1920. 461pp.
Hans Krabbendam. The Model Man: A Life of Edward William Bok, 1863-1930. Rodopi. 2001. 262pp.
Elisabeth P. Myers. Edward Bok: Young Editor. Bobbs-Merrill. 1967. 200pp.
Salme H. Steinberg. Reformer in the Marketplace: Edward W. Bok and the Ladies' Home Journal. Baton Rouge: Louisiana State University Press. 1979. 193pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.115)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.173)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.114)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.157)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.82)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.75)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.86)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.1, p.310)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications