Judge, Politician (18-Sep-1779 10-Sep-1845)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Gerald T. Dunne. Justice Joseph Story and the Rise of the Supreme Court. New York: Simon and Schuster. 1970. 458pp.
James McClellan. Joseph Story and the American Constitution: A Study in Political and Legal Thought with Selected Writings. University of Oklahoma Press. 1971. 413pp.
R. Kent Newmyer. Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story: Statesman of the Old Republic. UNC Press. 1985. 490pp.
William W. Story. Life and Letters of Joseph Story, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States, and Dane Professor of Law at Harvard University. Boston: Charles C. Little and James Brown. 1851. (2 vols.) 574pp. + 676pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Congressional Biography [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.1078)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1406)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.997)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.729)
- American Authors 1600-1900 (p.720)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.704)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.1020)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.186)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications