Poet (26-Nov-1731 25-Apr-1800)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Conrad Brunström. William Cowper: Religion, Satire, Society. Bucknell University Press. 2004. 207pp.
David Cecil. The Stricken Deer, or The Life of William Cowper. London: Constable & Co.. 1929.
George B. Cheever. William Cowper: His Life, Genius and Insanity. London: Knight and Son. 1856 (circa).
Hugh L'Anson Fausset. William Cowper. London: Jonathan Cape. 1928. 319pp.
Maurice J. Quinlan. William Cowper: A Critical Life. University of Minnesota. 1953. 251pp.
Norma Russell. A Bibliography of William Cowper to 1837. Oxford Bibliographic Society. 1963. 339pp. 438 items.
Charles Ryskamp. William Cowper of the Inner Temple, Esq: A Study of His Life and Works to the Year 1768. Cambridge University Press. 1959. 275pp.
Gilbert Thomas. William Cowper and the Eighteenth Century. London: Ivor Nocholson and Watson. 1935.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.356)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.97)
- British Authors Before 1800 (pp.124-26)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.234)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.126)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (p.192)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.123)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.19)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications