Film Director (6-Mar-1926 9-Oct-2016)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Janina Falkowska. The Political Films of Andrzej Wajda: Dialogism in "Man of Marble", "Man of Iron" and "Danton". Providence, RI: Berghahn Books. 1996. 196pp.
Janina Falkowska. Andrzej Wajda: History, Politics, and Nostalgia in Polish Cinema. Berghahn Books. 2007. 340pp.
Maciej Karpinski. Translated by Christina Paul. The Theatre of Andrzej Wajda. Cambridge University Press. 2003. 156pp.
Colin Mcarthur (editor). Andrzej Wajda: Polish Cinema. London: British Film Institute. 1997. 60pp.
Bolestave Michatek. Translated by Edward Rothbert. The Cimena of Andrzej Wajda. Tantivity Press, A. S.Barnes & Co.. 1973. 175pp.
John Orr; Elzbieta Ostrowska (editors). The Cinema of Andrzej Wajda: The Art of Irony and Defiance. London: Wallflower Press. 2003. 232pp.
Andrzej Wajda. Double Vision: My Life in Film. London: Faber & Faber. 1989. 136pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- New York Times Obituary [link]
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.291)
- The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (p.906)
- Cassell Companion to Cinema (p.583)
- The Hollywood.com Guide to Film Directors (pp.908-11)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.558)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.502)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications