Baseball (7-Jul-1906 8-Jun-1982)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
William Price Fox. Satchel Paige's America. University of Alabama Press. 2005. 142pp.
Leslie A. Heaphy (editor). Satchel Paige and Company: Essays on the Kansas City Monarchs, Their Greatest Star and the Negro Leagues. McFarland & Company. 2007. 300pp.
John B. Holway. Josh and Satch: The Life and Times of Josh Gibson and Satchel Paige. Westport, CT: Mecklermedia. 1991. 238pp.
Satchel Paige; with David Lipman. Maybe I'll Pitch Forever: A Great Baseball Player Tells the Hilarious Story Behind the Legend. University of Nebraska Press. 1993. 298pp.
Mark Ribowsky. Don't Look Back: Satchel Paige in the Shadows of Baseball. Da Capo Press. 2000. 368pp.
Robert Rubin. Satchel Paige: All-Time Baseball Great. New York: Putnam. 1974. 157pp.
- Official Website: http://www.cmgww.com/baseball/paige/
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.540)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1118)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.789)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.553)
- American Lives: Sports (vol.2, p.219)
- ESPN Sports Almanac 2004 (p.534)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.4, p.5)
- Sports Illustrated 2005 Almanac (p.877)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.269)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications