Military (29-Sep-1758 21-Oct-1805)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
David Cannadine. Admiral Lord Nelson: Context & Legacy. Basingstoke, Hants, England: Palgrave Macmillan. 2005. 201pp.
Martyn Downer. Nelson's Purse: An Extraordinary Historical Detective Story Shedding New Light on the Life of Britains Greatest Naval Hero. London: Bantam Press. 2004. 424pp.
Christopher Hibbert. Nelson: A Personal History. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley. 1994. 472pp.
Roger Knight. The Pursuit of Victory: The Life and Achievement of Horatio Nelson. London: Penguin / Allen Lane. 2005. 874pp.
Andrew Lambert. Nelson: Britannia's God of War. London: Faber and Faber. 2004. 446pp.
John Sugden. Nelson: A Dream of Glory. London: Jonathan Cape. 2004. 943pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1072)
- Harper Encyclopedia of Military Biography (p.541)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.722)
- The MacMillan Dictionary of Military Biography (pp.321-23)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.365)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.496)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications