|Hermann von Helmholtz|
Physicist (31-Aug-1821 8-Sep-1894)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
David Cahan (editor). Hermann Von Helmholtz and the Foundations of Nineteenth-Century Science. University of California Press. 1993. 666pp.
Leo Koenigsberger. Translated by Frances Alice Welby. Hermann von Helmholtz. Clarendon Press. 1906. 440pp.
John Gray McKendrick. Hermann Ludwig Ferdinand Von Helmholtz. Unwin. 1899. 299pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.690)
- The Oxford Dictionary of Music (p.398)
- Portable Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians (p.117)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.414)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.245)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.229)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.224)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.241)
- Encyclopedia of Concert Music (p.198)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.144)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.214)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications