Composer, Pianist (26-Jul-1782 23-Jan-1837)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Patrick Piggott. The Life and Music of John Field, 1782-1837: Creator of the Nocturne. University of California Press. 1973. 287pp.
Allan J. Wagenheim. John Field and the Nocturne. Xlibris. 2006. 144pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Harvard Concise Dictionary of Music and Musicians (p.228)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.513)
- The Oxford Dictionary of Music (p.297)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.297)
- Encyclopedia of Concert Music (p.156)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications