Inventor (15-Feb-1809 13-May-1884)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Herbert Newton Casson. Cyrus Hall McCormick: His Life and Work. A. C. McClurg & Co.. 1909. 264pp.
William Thomas Hutchinson. Cyrus Hall McCormick. The Century Co.. 1930-35. (2 vols.) 493pp. + 793pp. The two volumes are: Seed-Time 1809-1856, and Harvest 1856-1884.
Cyrus McCormick. The Century of the Reaper: An Account of Cyrus Hall McCormick, the Inventor of the Reaper: of the McCormick Harvesting Machine Company, the Business He Created: and of the International Harvester Company, His Heir and Chief Memorial. Houghton Mifflin. 1931. 307pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.725)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.935)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.664)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.316)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.485)
- Movers & Shakers: The 100 Most Influential Figures in Modern Business (pp.256-59)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.605)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.313)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.129)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications