|J. P. Donleavy|
Novelist, Playwright (23-Apr-1926 11-Sep-2017)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
J. P. Donleavy. The History of the Ginger Man. Boston, MA: Houghton Mifflin Co.. 1994. 517pp.
Charles G. Masinton. J. P. Donleavy: The Style of His Sadness and Humor. Bowling Green University Popular Press. 1975.
R. K. Sharma. Isolation and Protest: A Case Study of J. P. Donleavy's Fiction. New Delhi, India: Ajanta Publications. 1983. 182pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- New York Times Obituary [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.186)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.430)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.72)
- Contemporary Novelists (pp.356-58)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.207)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.402-04)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.282)
- The International Who's Who 2001 (p.414)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.69)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.5)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications