Pianist, Composer, Actor (27-Dec-1906 14-Aug-1972)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Sam Kashner; Nancy Schoenberger. A Talent for Genius: The Life and Times of Oscar Levant. Villard Books. 1994. 512pp.
Oscar Levant. A Smattering of Ignorance. New York: Doubleday, Doran & Co.. 1940. 267pp.
Oscar Levant. The Memoirs of an Amnesiac. G. P. Putnam's Sons. 1965. 320pp.
Oscar Levant. The Unimportance of Being Oscar. G. P. Putnam's Sons. 1968. 255pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (p.518)
- Cassell Companion to Cinema (p.332)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.435)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.294)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications