|Stephen Vincent Benét|
Author, Poet (22-Jul-1898 13-Mar-1943)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Charles A. Fenton. Stephen Vincent Benet: The Life and Times of an American Man of Letters, 1898-1943. Yale University Press. 1958. 436pp.
David Garrett Izzo; Lincoln Konkle (editors). Stephen Vincent Benet: Essays on His Life and Work. McFarland & Company. 2002. 256pp.
Parry Stroud. Stephen Vincent Benet. New York: Twayne Publishers. 1962. 176pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Random House Dictionary of World Biography (p.45)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.62)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.136)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.87)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.25)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.47)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.115)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.67)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.94)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.55)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.22)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.2)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications