Government (18-Dec-1888 29-Jul-1981)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Hilary Ballon; Kenneth T Jackson. Robert Moses and the Modern City: The Transformation of New York. W. W. Norton & Co.. 2007. 336pp.
Robert Caro. The Power Broker: Robert Moses and the Fall of New York. Alfred A. Knopf. 1974. 1246pp.
Cleveland Rodgers. Robert Moses: Builder for Democracy. Holt. 1952. 356pp.
Joel Schwartz. The New York Approach: Robert Moses, Urban Liberals, and Redevelopment of the Inner City. Ohio State University Press. 1992. 375pp.
- Rehabilitating Robert Moses
by Robin Pogrebin. The New York Times, 23-Jan-2007.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.807)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.497)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1046)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.746)
- Who's Who in World Jewry 1965 (p.683)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.519)
- International Who's Who 1960 (p.665)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.181)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications