Naturalist (7-Jan-1925 30-Jan-1995)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Douglas Botting. Gerald Durrell: The Authorized Biography. New York: Carroll & Graf. 1999. 644pp.
David Hughes. Himself and Other Animals: Portrait of Gerald Durrell. London: Hutchinson. 1997. 256pp.
Edward Whitley. Gerald Durrell's Army. London: John Murray. 1992. 241pp. Visits to ten naturalists around the world who were trained by Durrell.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.454)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.416-18)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.299)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.159)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.138)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications