Comic (13-Oct-1925 3-Aug-1966)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Honey Bruce; with Dana Benenson. Honey: The Life and Loves of Lenny's Shady Lady. Chicago and New York: Playboy Press. 1976. 309pp.
Lenny Bruce. How to Talk Dirty and Influence People: An Autobiography. Chicago, IL: Playboy Press. 1965. 188pp. Dedication reads, "I dedicate this book to all the followers of Christ and his teachings; in particular to a true Christian -- Jimmy Hoffa -- because he hired ex-convicts as, I assume, Christ would have." First English edition of 1966 has introduction by Kenneth Tynan.
Ronald Collin; David M. Skover. The Trials of Lenny Bruce: Law, Obscenity, and the Making of a Free Speech Martyr. Naperville, IL: Sourcebooks, Inc.. 2002. 544pp.
Albert Goldman. Ladies and Gentlemen Lenny Bruce!!. Random House. 1974.
Frank Kofsky. Lenny Bruce: The Comedian as Social Critic and Secular Moralist. New York: Monad Press. 1974. 128pp.
William Karl Thomas. Lenny Bruce: The Making of a Prophet. Archon Books. 1989. 149pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.102)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.217)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.96)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.1, pp.372-74)
- Obituaries from the Times 1961-1970 (p.107)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.35)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.333)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications