Novelist (born 9-Apr-1929)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Stelamaris Coser. Bridging the Americas: The Literature of Paule Marshall, Toni Morrison, and Gayl Jones. Philadelphia, PA: Temple University Press. 1995.
Eugenia C. Delamotte. Places of Silence, Journeys of Freedom: The Fiction of Paule Marshall. University of Pennsylvania Press. 1998. 198pp.
Dorothy Hamer Denniston. The Fiction of Paule Marshall: Reconstructions of History, Culture, and Gender. Knoxville, TN: University of Tennessee Press. 1995. 187pp.
Heather Hathaway. Caribbean Waves: Relocating Claude McKay and Paule Marshall. Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Press. 1999. 232pp.
Joyce Owens Pettis. Toward Wholeness in Paule Marshall's Fiction. University Press of Virginia. 1995. 173pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Contemporary Novelists (pp.849-50)
- World Authors 1970-1975 (pp.540-41)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.656)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.475)
- Third World Women's Literatures (pp.197-99)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.719)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.549)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications