|Thomas J. Watson|
Business (17-Feb-1874 19-Jun-1956)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Thomas Graham Belden; Marva Robins. The Lengthening Shadow: The Life of Thomas J. Watson. Little, Brown. 1962.
Kevin Maney. The Maverick and His Machine: Thomas Watson, Sr., and the Making of IBM. New York: J. Wiley & Sons. 2003. 485pp.
William Rodgers. Think: A Biography of the Watsons and IBM. Stein and Day. 1969. 320pp.
Richard S. Tedlow. The Watson Dynasty: The Fiery Reign and Troubled Legacy of IBM's Founding Father and Son. New York: HarperBusiness. 2003. 340pp.
Thomas J. Watson, Jr.. Father Son & Co.: My Life at IBM and Beyond. New York, NY: Bantam Books. 1990.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.1182)
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.803)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.1874)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1536)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.1102)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.776)
- Movers & Shakers: The 100 Most Influential Figures in Modern Business (pp.340-42)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications