Explorer (c. 1570 22-Jun-1611)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Georg M. Asher. Henry Hudson the Navigator: The Original Documents in which His Career is Recorded, Collected, Partly Translated, and Annotated with an Introduction. Adamant Media Corporation. 2001. 534pp.
Edgar Mayhew Bacon. Henry Hudson: His Times and Voyages. G. P. Putnam's Sons. 1907. 277pp.
Donald S. Johnson. Charting the Sea of Darkness: The Four Voyages of Henry Hudson. Kodansha America. 1995. 247pp.
Llewelyn Powys. Henry Hudson. John Lane. 1927. 213pp.
John Meredith Read. A Historical Inquiry Concerning Henry Hudson, His Friends, Relatives and Early Life, His Connection with the Muscovy Company and Discovery of Delaware Bay. J. Munsell. 1866. 209pp.
Corey Sandler. Henry Hudson: Dreams and Obsession. New York, NY: Citadel Press. 2007. 431pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.572)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.741)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.517)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.489)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.315)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.464)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.151)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.162)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications