Religion, Author (21-Jun-1639 23-Aug-1723)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Joseph Tuckerman Day. Increase Mather: A Bibliography of His Works. Higginson Book Company. 1995. 711pp.
Michael G. Hall. The Last American Puritan: The Life of Increase Mather, 1639-1723. Wesleyan University Press. 1990. 456pp.
Mason I. Lowance. Increase Mather. Twayne Publishers. 1974. 185pp.
Cotton Mather; Increase Mather. Two Mather Biographies: Life and Death and Parentator. Lehigh University Press. 1989. 241pp. Increase Mather's biography of his father Richard Mather, and Cotton Mather's biography of his father Increase Mather.
Robert Middlekauff. The Mathers: Three Generations of Puritan Intellectuals, 1596-1728. New York: Oxford University Press. 1971. 440pp.
Kenneth B. Murdock. Increase Mather: The Foremost American Puritan. Harvard University Press. 1925. 442pp.
Enoch Pond. The Lives of Increase Mather and Sir William Phipps. 1870. 286pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.757)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.987)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.698)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.479)
- American Authors 1600-1900 (pp.515-17)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.662)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.479)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.652)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.96)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications