Composer (4-Sep-1892 22-Jun-1974)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Barbara L. Kelly. Tradition and Style in the Works of Darius Milhaud, 1912-1939. Ashgate Publishing. 2003. 212pp.
Deborah Mawer. Darius Milhaud: Modality & Structure in Music of the 1920s. Ashgate Publishing. 1997. 408pp.
Darius Milhaud. Notes Without Music: An Autobiography. Alfred A. Knopf. 1953. 355pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Harvard Concise Dictionary of Music and Musicians (p.419)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.480)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.345)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1013)
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.971)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.683)
- Who's Who in World Jewry 1965 (p.666)
- The Oxford Dictionary of Music (pp.577-78)
- Portable Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians (pp.164-65)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (pp.667-69)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.343)
- Thames & Hudson Encyclopedia of 20th Century Music (p.120)
- Encyclopedia of Concert Music (p.281)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications