Poet, Critic (28-Feb-1865 22-Jan-1945)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Karl Beckson. Arthur Symons: A Life. Oxford, England: Clarendon Press. 1987. 402pp.
Karl Beckson; et. al.. Arthur Symons: A Bibliography. Colin Smythe. 1990. 330pp.
Karl Beckson; John M. Munro (editors). Arthur Symons: Selected Letters, 1880-1935. Iowa City, IA: University of Iowa Press. 1989. 289pp.
Roger Lhombreaud. Arthur Symons: A Critical Biography. London: Unicorn Press. 1963. 333pp.
Lawrence W. Markert. Arthur Symons: Critic of the Seven Arts. Ann Arbor, MI: UMI Research Press. 1988.
John M. Munro. Arthur Symons. New York: Twayne. 1969. 174pp.
Arthur Symons; Karl Beckson (editor). The Memoirs of Arthur Symons: Life and Art in the 1890s. University Park, PA: Pennsylvania State University Press. 1977. 284pp.
E. Earle Welby. Arthur Symons: A Critical Study. London: A. M. Philpot. 1925. 148pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1425)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.315)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.1377)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.1000)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.473)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.511)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications