First Lady (11-Nov-1744 28-Oct-1818)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Charles W. Akers. Abigail Adams: An American Woman. Little, Brown. 1980. 207pp.
Edith B. Gelles. Portia: The World of Abigail Adams. Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Press. 1995.
Edith B. Gelles. First Thoughts: Life and Letters of Abigail Adams. Twayne. 1998.
Phyllis Lee Levin. Abigail Adams: A Biography. St. Martin's Press. 2001.
Paul C. Nagel. Adams Women: Abigail and Louisa Adams, Their Sisters and Daughters. Oxford University Press. 1987. 324pp.
Andrew Oliver. Portraits of John and Abigail Adams. Harvard University Press. 1967.
Laura E. Richards. Abigail Adams and Her Times. New York: D. Appleton. 1917.
Janet Whitney. Abigail Adams. Little, Brown & Co.. 1947. 357pp.
Lynne Withey. Dearest Friend: A Life of Abigail Adams. New York: Touchstone. 2001. 369pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers (p.3)
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.3)
- Random House Dictionary of World Biography (p.4)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.6)
- American Authors 1600-1900 (p.3)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.5)
- A Dictionary of British and American Women Writers 1660-1800 (pp.27-28)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.7)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.4)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.2)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.3)
- Northeastern Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.4)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.8)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.2)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.355)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications