|James F. Byrnes|
Politician, Judge (2-May-1882 9-Apr-1972)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Walter J. Brown. James F. Byrnes of South Carolina: A Remembrance. Mercer University Press. 1990. 421pp.
James F. Byrnes. All in One Lifetime. Harper. 1958. 432pp.
Kendrick A. Clements. James F. Byrnes and the Origins of the Cold War. Durham, NC: Carolina Academic Press. 1982.
Robert L. Messer. The End of an Alliance: James F. Byrnes, Roosevelt, Truman and the Origins of the Cold War. University of North Carolina Press. 1982.
Curtis F. Morgan. James F. Byrnes, Lucius Clay, and American Policy in Germany, 1945-1947. Lewiston, NY: Edwin Mellen Press. 2002. 406pp.
David Robertson. Sly and Able: A Political Biography of James F. Byrnes. Scranton, PA: W. W. Norton. 1994. 639pp.
Richard L. Walker; George Curry. E. R. Stettinius, Jr. and James F. Byrnes. New York: Cooper Square Publishers. 1965. 423pp. The American Secretaries of State and Their Diplomacy, Volume XIV.
Patricia Dawson Ward. The Threat of Peace: James F. Byrnes and the Council of Foreign Ministers, 1945-1946. Kent State University Press. 1979. 227pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Congressional Biography [link]
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.112)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.162)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.107)
- A Biographical Dictionary of World War II (p.23)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.770)
- Who's Who in Modern History, 1860-1980 (p.69)
- The Biographical Dictionary of World War II (p.71)
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.165)
- Biographical Directory of the United States Executive Branch, 1774-1971 (p.43)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.168)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications