Novelist (9-Jul-1764 7-Feb-1823)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
George Dekker. The Fictions of Romantic Tourism: Radcliffe, Scott, and Mary Shelley. Stanford University Press. 2005. 314pp.
Rictor Norton. Mistress of Udolpho: The Life of Ann Radcliffe. London: Leicester University Press. 1999. 307pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1208)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.197)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.311)
- A Dictionary of British and American Women Writers 1660-1800 (pp.262-64)
- British Authors Before 1800 (p.426)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.851)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.383)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.413)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.884)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.435)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.47)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications