Painter (31-Dec-1869 3-Nov-1954)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Jack D. Flam. Matisse and Picasso: The Story of Their Rivalry and Friendship. Westview Press. 2003. 276pp.
Dan Franck. Translated by Cynthia Liebow. Bohemian Paris: Picasso, Modigliani, Matisse, and the Birth of Modern Art. Grove Press. 2003. 448pp.
Hilary Spurling. Matisse the Master: A Life of Henri Matisse: The Conquest of Colour: 1909-1954. B&T. 2005.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.494)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.465)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.418)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.988)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.663)
- Obituaries from the Times 1951-1960 (pp.491-92)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.335)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.74)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications