Composer (c. 1659 21-Nov-1695)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Maureen Duffy. Henry Purcell. London: Fourth Estate. 1994. 306pp.
Curtis Price (editor). Purcell Studies. Cambridge University Press. 1995. 305pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Harvard Concise Dictionary of Music and Musicians (p.538)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1199)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.841)
- The Oxford Dictionary of Music (pp.699-700)
- Portable Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians (p.194)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (pp.797-98)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.408)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.247)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.90)
- Encyclopedia of Concert Music (p.339)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications