Author, Playwright (1-May-1672 17-Jun-1719)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Lucy Aikin. The Life of Joseph Addison. London: Longman, Brown, Green and Longman's. 1843. (2 vols.)
Edward A. Bloom; Lillian D. Bloom (editors). Joseph Addison and Richard Steele: The Critical Heritage. Routledge. 1996. 480pp.
W. J. Courthope. Addison. London: Macmillan. 1884. 192pp.
A. R. Humphreys. Steele, Addison, and Their Periodical Essays. Longmans, Green. 1959. 46pp. For the British Council.
Robert M. Otten. Joseph Addison. Twayne. 1982. 182pp.
Peter Smithers. The Life of Joseph Addison. Oxford, England: Clarendon Press. 1954. 491pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Random House Dictionary of World Biography (p.5)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.11)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.265)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.5)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.3)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.9)
- British Authors Before 1800 (pp.1-3)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.7)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (p.6)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.3)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.14)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.3)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.17)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications