Novelist, Playwright (8-Jan-1824 23-Dec-1889)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Nathalie Abi-Ezzi. The Double in the Fiction of R. L. Stevenson, Wilkie Collins and Daphne Du Maurier. Peter Lang. 2003. 301pp.
Robert Paul Ashley. Wilkie Collins. A. Barker. 1952. 144pp.
William Baker. Wilkie Collins's Library: A Reconstruction. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press. 2002. 216pp.
Kirk H. Beetz. Wilkie Collins: An Annotated Bibliography, 1889-1976. Scarecrow Press. 1978. 167pp.
Nuel Pharr Davis. The Life of Wilkie Collins. Urbana, IL: University of Illinois Press. 1956. 360pp.
Tamar Heller. Dead Secrets: Wilkie Collins and the Female Gothic. Yale University Press. 1992. 208pp.
Norman Page. Wilkie Collins: The Critical Heritage. Routledge. 1995. 304pp.
Catherine Peters. The King of Inventors: A Life of Wilkie Collins. London: Secker & Warburg. 1991. 498pp.
Kenneth Robinson. Wilkie Collins: A Biography. New York: Macmillan. 1952.
Nelson C. Smith; R. C. Terry (editors). Wilkie Collins to the Forefront: Some Reassessments. AMS Press. 1995. 273pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.331)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.56)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.93)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.215)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.119)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (p.174)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.112)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.52)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.45)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.96)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications