Poet, Playwright, Critic (19-Aug-1631 1-May-1700)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Paul Hammond. Dryden and the Traces of Classical Rome. Oxford University Press. 1999. 305pp.
Jayne Lewis; Maximillian E. Novak (editors). Enchanted Ground: Reimagining John Dryden. Toronto: University of Toronto Press. 2005. 344pp.
Claude Rawson; Aaron Santesso (editors). John Dryden (1631-1700): His Politics, His Plays, and His Poets. University of Delaware Press. 2004. 301pp. A tercentenary celebration held at Yale University, October 2000.
George R. Wasserman. John Dryden. Twayne. 1964. 174pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.442)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.75)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.122)
- British Authors Before 1800 (pp.163-66)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.293)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.156)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.179)
- The Reader's Encyclopedia of World Drama (p.188)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.94)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (pp.161-63)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.71)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.19)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications