|Joseph Gurney Cannon|
Politician (7-May-1836 12-Nov-1926)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Blair Bolles. Tyrant From Illinois: Uncle Joe Cannon's Experiment With Personal Power. New York: W. W. Norton. 1951. 248pp.
Joseph Gurney Cannon; with L. White Busbey. Uncle Joe Cannon: The Story of a Pioneer American. New York: Henry Holt & Co.. 1927. 362pp.
William Rea Gwinn. Uncle Joe Cannon: Archfoe of Insurgency: A History of the Rise and Fall of Cannonism. Bookman Associates. 1957.
Booth Mooney. Mr. Speaker: Four Men Who Shaped the U.S. House of Representatives: Henry Clay, Thomas Reed, Joseph Cannon, Sam Rayburn. Chicago, IL: Follet. 1964.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Congressional Biography [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.173)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.119)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.173)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.114)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.142)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.168)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications