Songwriter (22-Nov-1899 27-Dec-1981)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Hoagy Carmichael. The Stardust Road. New York: Rinehart & Company. 1946. 156pp.
Hoagy Carmichael; with Stephen Longstreet. Sometimes I Wonder: The Story of Hoagy Carmichael. New York: Farrar, Straus & Giroux. 1965. 313pp.
Richard M. Sudhalter. Stardust Melody: The Life and Music of Hoagy Carmichael. Cary, NC: Oxford University Press. 2002.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.230)
- Harvard Concise Dictionary of Music and Musicians (p.117)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.121)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.177)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.97)
- The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (p.136)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.91)
- The Oxford Dictionary of Music (p.152)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.116)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.90)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.1, p.436)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.42)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.349)
- American Songwriters (pp.82-86)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications