|William Howard Taft|
Head of State, Judge (15-Sep-1857 8-Mar-1930)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Donald F. Anderson. William Howard Taft: A Conservative's Conception of the Presidency. Cornell University Press. 1973. 355pp.
Judith Icke Anderson. William Howard Taft: An Intimate History. Scranton, PA: W. W. Norton. 1981. 177pp.
Michael L. Bromley. William Howard Taft and the First Motoring Presidency, 1909-1913. McFarland. 2003. 439pp.
David H. Burton. The Learned Presidency: Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Woodrow Wilson. Fairleigh Dickinson University Press. 1988. 225pp.
David H. Burton. William Howard Taft, Confident Peacemaker, the Evolution Idea: World Ordered Diplomacy. St. Joseph's University Press. 2004. 220pp.
David H. Burton. Taft, Roosevelt, and the Limits of Friendship. Fairleigh Dickinson University Press. 2005. 156pp.
David H. Burton. Taft, Wilson, and World Order. Fairleigh Dickinson University Press. 2003. 143pp.
David H. Burton. Taft, Holmes, and the 1920s Court: An Appraisal. Fairleigh Dickinson University Press. 1998. 174pp.
Paolo E. Coletta. The Presidency of William Howard Taft. University Press of Kansas. 1973. 320pp.
Oscar King Davis. William Howard Taft, the Man of the Hour: His Biography and His Views on the Great Questions of To-Day. Philadelphia: P. W. Ziegler Co.. 1908. 406pp.
Herbert Duffy. William Howard Taft. New York: Minton, Balch and Co.. 1930. 345pp.
Robert Lee Dunn. William Howard Taft, American. Boston: Chapple Publishing Company. 1908. 263pp.
Lewis L. Gould. The William Howard Taft Presidency. University Press of Kansas. 2009. 296pp.
Lewis L. Gould. Chief Executive to Chief Justice: Taft betwixt the White House and Supreme Court. University Press of Kansas. 2014. 204pp.
P. Edward Haley. Revolution and Intervention: The Diplomacy of Taft and Wilson with Mexico, 1910-1917. MIT Press. 1970. 294pp.
Ken Hechler. Insurgency: Personalities and Politics of the Taft Era. Columbia University Press. 1940. 252pp.
Frederick C. Hicks. William Howard Taft: Yale Professor of Law & New Haven Citizen. Yale University Press. 1945. 158pp.
William Manners. TR and Will: A Friendship That Split the Republican Party. New York: Harcourt Brace & World. 1969. 335pp. Theodore Roosevelt and William Howard Taft.
Alpheus Thomas Mason. William Howard Taft: Chief Justice. Simon and Schuster. 1965. 354pp.
Francis McHale. President and Chief Justice: The Life and Public Services of William Howard Taft. Dorrance & Company. 1931. 321pp.
Ralph Eldin Minger. William Howard Taft and United States Foreign Policy: The Apprenticeship Years, 1900-1908. University of Illinois Press. 1975. 241pp.
Henry F. Pringle. The Life and Times of William Howard Taft. New York: Farrar & Rinehart. 1939. (2 vols.) 1106pp.
Peter G. Renstrom. The Taft Court: Justices, Rulings, and Legacy. ABC-CLIO. 2003. 331pp.
Walter V. Scholes; Marie V. Scholes. The Foreign Policies of the Taft Administration. University of Missouri Press. 1970. 259pp.
William Smith White. The Taft Story. Harper. 1954. 288pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.1097)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.686)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1427)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.1016)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.741)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.1002)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.716)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.475)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.666)
- Who's Who in Modern History, 1860-1980 (p.303)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.1039)
- Encyclopedia of Heads of State and Governments 1900 through 1945 (p.460)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.186)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications