Physicist, Philosopher (18-Feb-1838 19-Feb-1916)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
John T. Blackmore. Erst Mach: His Life, Work and Influence. Berkeley, CA: University of California Press. 1972. 414pp.
John T. Blackmore (editor). Ernst Mach: A Deeper Look: Documents and New Perspectives. Kluwer Academic Publishers. 1992. 463pp.
John T. Blackmore; Ryoichi Itagaki; Setsuko Tanaka (editors). Ernst Mach's Vienna, 1895-1930, Or, Phenomenalism as Philosophy of Science. Kluwer Academic Publishers. 2001. 347pp.
Robert S. Cohen; Raymond J. Seeger (editors). Ernst Mach: Physicist and Philosopher. 1970. 295pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.469)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.940)
- Who's Who in Aviation History (p.121)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.317)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.603)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.279)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.314)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.324)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.154)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.283)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications