Author (born 17-Apr-1928)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Sarah Blacher Cohen; Alvin H. Rosenfeld (editors). Cynthia Ozick's Comic Art: From Levity to Liturgy. Indiana University Press. 1994. 193pp.
Lawrence S. Friedman. Understanding Cynthia Ozick. University of South Carolina Press. 1991. 182pp.
Yoshiji Hirose. The Symbolic Meaning of Yiddish: A Study of the Brothers Singer, Bernard Malamud and Cynthia Ozick. Osaka, Japan: Kyoiku Tosho. 2001.
Elaine M. Kauvar. Cynthia Ozick's Fiction: Tradition & Invention. Indiana University Press. 1993. 292pp.
Vera Emuna Kielsky. Inevitable Exiles: Cynthia Ozick's View of the Precariousness of Jewish Existence in a Gentile Society. Pieterlen, Switzerland: Peter Lang. 1989.
Joseph Lowin. Cynthia Ozick. Twayne Publishers Inc.. 1988. 188pp.
Sanford Pinsker. Uncompromising Fictions of Cynthia Ozick. University of Missouri Press. 1994. 119pp.
Jane B. Statlander. Cultural Dialectic: Ludwig Lewisohn and Cynthia Ozick. Peter Lang Publishing. 2002. 384pp.
Victor Strandberg. Greek Mind/Jewish Soul: The Conflicted Art of Cynthia Ozick. University of Wisconsin Press. 1994.
- Cynthia Ozick's Long Crusade
The author is considered one of the greatest fiction writers and critics alive today. At 88, she shows no signs of slowing down.
by Giles Harvey. The New York Times Magazine, 23-Jun-2016.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.537)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1116)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.184)
- World Authors 1970-1975 (pp.620-21)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.767)
- The International Who's Who 2001 (p.1171)
- Public Intellectuals: A Study in Decline (p.202)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.551)
- Britannica Almanac 2006 (p.96)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.822)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.648)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.11)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications