|Anthony à Wood|
Historian (17-Dec-1632 29-Nov-1695)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Maurice Balme (editor). Two Antiquaries: A Selection from the Correspondence of John Aubrey and Anthony Wood. Durham Academic Press. 2001. 168pp.
Andrew Clark. The Life and Times of Anthony Wood: Antiquary, of Oxford, 1632-1695, Described by Himself. Clarendon press. 1900. (5 vols.)
Nicolas K. Kiessling. The Library of Anthony Wood. Oxford Bibliographical Society. 2002. 758pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1578)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.413)
- British Authors Before 1800 (p.573)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.559)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications