Doctor (31-Dec-1514 Jun-1564)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
James Moores Ball. Andreas Vesalius: The Reformer of Anatomy. Medical Science Press. 1910. 149pp.
Harvey Cushing; John Farquhar Fulton. A Bio-Bibliography of Andreas Vesalius. Schuman's. 1943. 229pp.
Henry Morley. Anatomy in Long Clothes: An Essay on Andreas Vesalius. Privately Printed. 1915. 68pp.
Charles D. O'Malley. Andreas Vesalius of Brussels, 1514-1564. Berkeley and Los Angeles: University of California Press. 1964. 480pp. + 64 plates
Marion Harry Spielmann. The Iconography of Andreas Vesalius: Anatomist and Physician, 1514-1564. J. Bale & Danielsson. 1925. 243pp.
Jerome Tarshis. Andreas Vesalius: Father of Modern Anatomy. Dial Press. 1969. 144pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1506)
- The Catholic Encyclopedia (vol.15, pp.378-79)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.69)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.498)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.490)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.303)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.528)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.157)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2021 Soylent Communications