|W. C. Fields|
Comic, Actor (29-Jan-1880 25-Dec-1946)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Richard J. Anobile (editor). A Flask of Fields: Verbal and Visual Gems from the Films of W. C. Fields. New York: Darien House. 1972. 272pp. Later title, Godfrey Daniels! (his expletive).
Richard J. Anobile (editor). Drat! Being the Encapsulated View of Life, by W. C. Fields in His Own Words. New York: World Publishing Co.. 1968. 128pp.
James Curtis. W. C. Fields: A Biography. New York: Alfred A. Knopf. 2003. 624pp.
Donald Deschner. The Films of W. C. Fields. New York: Citadel Press. 1966. 192pp.
William K. Everson. The Art of W. C. Fields. Indianapolis, IN: The Bobbs-Merrill Co.. 1967. 232pp.
Ronald J. Fields. W. C. Fields: A Life on Film. New York: St. Martin's Press. 1984. 256pp.
W. C. Fields. W. C. Fields By Himself: His Intended Autobiography. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall. 1973. 510pp.
Wes D. Gehring (editor). W. C. Fields: A Bio-Bibliography. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press. 1984. 233pp.
Wes D. Gehring. Groucho and W. C. Fields: Huckster Comedians. Jackson, MS: University of Mississippi Press. 1994. 196pp.
Simon Louvish. The Man on the Flying Trapeze: The Life and Times of W. C. Fields. New York: W. W. Norton. 1997. 548pp.
Carlotta Monti; with Cy Rice. W. C. Fields & Me. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, Inc.. 1971. 227pp.
David T. Rocks. W. C. Fields: An Annotated Guide: Chronology, Bibliographies, Discography, Filmographies, Press Books, Cigarette Cards, Film Clips and Impersonators. McFarland & Company. 1993. 143pp.
Robert Lewis Taylor. W. C. Fields: His Follies and Fortunes. New York: Doubleday & Co.. 1949. 340pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.469)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.220)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.514)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.235)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.341)
- Cassell Companion to Cinema (p.196)
- Quinlan's Illustrated Registry of Film Stars (p.161)
- Chambers Film and TV Handbook (p.109)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.192)
- The Encyclopedia of Hollywood (p.148)
- The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (p.286)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.178)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.2, p.95)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.334)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications