Baseball (20-Dec-1881 9-Dec-1965)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
David Lipmen. Mr. Baseball: The Story of Branch Rickey. Putnam. 1966. 191pp.
Lee Lowenfish. Branch Rickey: Baseball's Ferocious Gentleman. University of Nebraska Press. 2007. 683pp.
Arthur William Mann. Branch Rickey: American in Action. Houghton Mifflin. 1957. 312pp.
Andrew O'Toole. Branch Rickey in Pittsburgh: Baseball's Trailblazing General Manager for the Pirates, 1950-1955. McFarland. 2000. 213pp.
Murray Polner. Branch Rickey: A Biography. Atheneum. 1982. 307pp. Reprinted 2007 by McFarland, 274pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- ESPN Sports Almanac 2004 (p.536)
- Sports Illustrated 2005 Almanac (p.879)
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.932)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.610)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.271)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.873)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications