|William S. Paley|
Business (28-Sep-1901 26-Oct-1990)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
William S. Paley. As It Happened: A Memoir. Garden City, NY: Doubleday. 1979.
Lewis J. Paper. Empire: William S. Paley and the Making of CBS. St. Martin's Press. 1987. 384pp.
Sally Bedell Smith. In All His Glory: The Life and Times of William S. Paley and the Birth of Modern Broadcasting. New York: Simon and Schuster. 1990. 782pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.854)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.541)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.382)
- Les Brown's Encyclopedia of Television (p.410)
- Who's Who in World Jewry 1965 (p.720)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.554)
- The Encyclopedia of Television (vol.2, p.1217)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.4, p.6)
- The New York Times Encyclopedia of Television (p.320)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.56)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications