Educator (13-Nov-1866 21-Sep-1959)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Thomas Neville Bonner. Iconoclast: Abraham Flexner and a Life in Learning. Johns Hopkins University Press. 2002. 376pp.
Abraham Flexner. I Remember: The Autobiography of Abraham Flexner. Simon and Schuster. 1940. 414pp. A revised edition issued in 1960 as "An Autobiography."
Steven C. Wheatley. The Politics of Philanthropy: Abraham Flexner and Medical Education. Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin Press. 1988. 269pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Webster's American Biographies (p.352)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.242)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.225)
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.378)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications