Politician (30-Oct-1829 18-Apr-1888)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Donald Barr Chidsey. The Gentleman From New York: A Life of Roscoe Conkling. Yale University Press. 1935. 438pp.
Alfred R. Conkling. The Life And Letters of Roscoe Conkling: Orator, Statesman, Advocate. New York: Charles L. Webster & Company. 1889. 709pp.
David M. Jordan. Roscoe Conkling of New York: A Voice in the Senate. Cornell University Press. 1971. 464pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Congressional Biography [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.229)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.337)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.218)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.148)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.184)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.53)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.170)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications